Jedi Recommends Smooches

This blog is also about balance.  The work + play balance.
Thus, today we move away from educational topics to talk more lifestyle ones.

About a month ago, our favorite dog food company, Honest Kitchen, asked if any bloggers wanted to try some products and then blog about them.  I raised my virtual hand instantly and was chosen (Yay!).

Jedi does love Honest Kitchen, but this time we wanted to try some products that he had not tried before.

The first product he tried was called Smooches.  Though the name of the dog treat is uber-cute, the shape is even cuter.  Plus, Lil O's little kid hands are pretty cute, too - unbiased opinion, of course.


The eye-catching packaging of Smooches adds to its cuteness.  Every product Honest Kitchen makes is packaged creatively, in my design opinion.  And since I am a faux designer, I do have an opinion on things like this.


Apparently, the smell of the Smooches comes through the box.  Jedi was instantly intrigued and curious.  When I read the ingredients, I understood why.  The Smooches are made of all "real" food ingredients - no fillers, weird preservatives or pseudo-food-names I cannot pronounce.


As a dog mom, I am constantly taking moments here and there to train Jedi.  Here Jedi is trying to ignore the Smooch in front of him - probably because I am making him "leave it."  I love how he decided not to make eye contact with the Smooch.



As soon as I said, "free," Jedi went right for the Smooch.  We did this training session about five more times as I decided it would be best to ration the Smooches for the next few days.  I'm sure if Jedi was in charge of his training and treat-giving, the Smooches would have been gone that day.


But, we saved a few and he devoured every. single. one. of. them.  

Lickety-split.  

The Smooches were gone a week later.  

However, sneaky me took a few of the Smooches and hid them for Jedi and his brother's reunion.  Yep, after a year of being a part, Jedi reunited with his dog brother, Didg.  There are so many details for that post, but let's just say, the two brothers enjoyed a few Smooches that day along with a ton of playtime and off-leash hiking.

Thanks, Honest Kitchen, for letting Jedi try a new product.  Soon, Jedi will try the Ice Pups and Wishes that were also sent.  By the way, the Ice Pups come in the coolest tin can with a pop-on lid.  The crafter in me is scheming how I will upcycle that can.

...I just love the attention to detail, creativity and lovely goodness for sweet Jedi.

Cheers,

Jen