Dear Lil O


Dear Lil O,

It is incredibly hard to believe we've been together for nine years, plus one tummy year together.  You bring such joy to my life and to our family.  It is 100% because of you that Jedi joined our family two years ago - remember how you relentlessly kept asking for a dog?  It is because of you that I strive to be a better person.  How can I be the best parent to you if I am not the best me?

Sweet Lil O, your smile captivates me.  Do you see the photos in this blog post?  They are you.  They capture what I get to see and experience on a daily basis.  Your energy, to me, is contagious.

And that soul of yours.  Oh, that soul.  It is wise, intuitive, and compassionate.  Your teacher says your classmates flock to you; they all want to be around you and collaborate on work with you.  I know why. You put others at ease, fervently embrace kindness, and confidently - yet quietly - lead.


Thank you, Lil O, for making each day as your mom a gift.  A gift of laughter, love, happiness, and some days, total silliness.


I treasure you, Lil O, and love you to the moon and back and then to infinity.

I know Daddy and Jedi join me in wishing you a very Happy Birthday.

With so much love,

Mom

PS - In case you are wondering who is in the photos with Lil O, that is Annie, my dog-sister, the newest addition to our family.  My mom adopted her a couple of months ago.  She is a four-pound delight.