Bonus Wxdnxsday


For many secondary teachers, it is the start of a new semester.  I always like to have this ditty on the overhead towards the start of a new semester (or school year) to make the point about how valuable everyone's input and participation is in the classroom.  Of course, my elementary friends, I bet this would also work for you, especially with the upper elementary grades Maybe you could pair up students to decipher.


Xvxn though my typxwritxr is an old modxl.  It works quitx wxll xxcxpt for onx of thx kxys. Thxrx arx forty-onx kxys that function, but just onx kxy not working makxs thx diffxrxncx.  Somxtimxs it sxxms that an organization is likx my typxwritxr—that not all thx kxy pxoplx arx working propxrly.

You may say, “Wxll, I’m only onx pxrson: I don’t makx or brxak an organization.” But a succxssful organization, to bx xffxctivx, rxquirxs thx activx participation of xvxry mxmbxr.

So thx nxxt timx you think that your xfforts arx not nxxdxd, rxmxmbxr my old typxwritxr and say to yoursxlf:  “I am a vxry kxy pxrson in this organization and I am nxxded vxry much!"

- Author unknown

If I was on my own computer I would PDF this for you, so you could easily download.  I'll aim for that for the future.

Happy day,
Jen