More Life Updated + New Blog Design


In efforts to help Mr. UpCyclist feel better, I tried on this very fun(ny) bicycle dress.  Anthropologie didn't quite have my size, so I tucked this larger size under both armpits to hold it up for the photo.  You can see I was also trying on some yoga pants.  Lil O and Mr. U love to make fun of me as I wear my one pair of beloved Patagonia black yoga pants five days a week!  Yep, I am not even kidding.  The days I am not dawning them, I am teaching and thus, wearing my teaching clothes.

And yes, I do have two wardrobes - one for teaching and one for the rest of my life.  I can't seem to get the two sides of my style to align.


Mr. UpCyclist is feeling a ton better.  His facial gashes are healing up nicely; his stitches came out last week.  He still has soreness in many areas, but he is doing such a great job taking life slowly and icing his tricky spots.  Every once in a while, he gets a headache, so we are monitoring them.  He was in full training for a triathlon before he was hit by the car.  It looks like he will postpone doing a tri until the fall.  I am just glad he is healing and I cherish all the extra time with him at home.  Though he did return to work today.


I snuck out-of-town to attend a conference in Austin, TX over Memorial Weekend.  Don't worry, I made sure Mr. U was cared for.  I almost canceled going to the conference, but since I was presenting with two other women, I thought going would be prudent.   I am so glad I did.  The conference itself on teaching and learning (in higher education) was interesting and Austin?  Oh, my!  What a place.  I now understand why the city's motto is "Keep Austin Weird!"  I loved the crazy Austin vibe.

For my students, you know how much I love Whole Foods.  Austin is hometown to the corporation and this 80,000 square feet flagship store. I've been to most of the larger Whole Foods stores in the USA - Chicago has the second largest in case you were wondering.  But, this flagship store was the best!  The largest in the US and uber-impressive. My favorite parts included the bulk dog food and biscuit section, the sit-down seafood dining area, and their tremendous collection of interesting bulk sugars.  Apparently, London has the largest Whole Foods in the world.  Fieldtrip, anyone?


Mr. UpCyclist would have LOVED Austin.  It is super bike friendly with dedicated bike lanes everywhere.  To make him VERY happy, I visited Lance Armstrong's bike shop, Mellow Johnny's, and bought him a few souvenirs.  I haven't given him the presents yet, so I don't want to announce them online.  Let's just say he and Lance now have a bike item in common.

On the way back home, I got stuck at the Austin Airport for five extra hours!  Thus, what do you think of Upcycled Education's new blog design?  I'd love to hear your feedback.

My best and I hope you are well, amazing blog reader,

Jen