What helps me live with Newtown, CT

This has been a tough few days.  I'm not going to lie.  I've put on my happy game face for my family and Lil O, but the shooting in Newtown weighs a bit on my soul.  I find myself hugging and kissing Lil O more, sharing more I love yous with my family, using lessons learned from my coaching sessions with Sue, and smiling more at neighbors and strangers. 

I really believe if our communities and the people in them were more connected like I describe in my blog post here, we would experience less violence and acts of terror.   Thus, I have stepped up my connection with others. It is why I teach, after all.  Why not connect, not only with my students, but with the world, yes?  Maybe that's why I like to blog, too.  Connections.

I also have found a few things that help alter my perspective.  Did you see this quote from Mr. Rogers?    


I am a spiritual person, but not religious, however, there is something very soothing about this image and text.  My favorite part is, "I have so much to show you...."  I think of all the beauty in the world.



I saw this video on Design Mom's blog.  I love it.  It is uplifting and clever....students are so incredible.



And these three beings.  They help me. They remind me how precious and amazing life is.


Thinking of you, Upcyclists.  If there is something that is helping you and you are willing to share, please leave a comment below.

Connecting,
Jen