Favorite Home Finds During the Pandemic

As most of you already know, we moved during the pandemic.  Here are some of my favorite pandemic home finds that are bringing immense efficiency and joy to my life....

Jen Home Finds Favorites

Ready for them?

Tip trays for the bathroom and kitchen. You install these yourself following the package instructions.  We have tip trays now in our kitchen and main bathroom to hold things like kitchen sponges, our toothpaste and floss, etc.  It also makes your countertops less cluttered feeling.

So, I don't have to use so many cleaning liquids around our house, I just wet these and use them.  They are reusable, so you can wash/dry them with ease.  

I am such a fan of "S" hooks in every closet.  I use them for hanging belts, my purse, backpacks, masks, hats, you name it!  This pack includes six hooks.

Be honest....how often do you bring your cell phone into the restroom?  If you do, you will appreciate the clever design of this TP holder.  We have it in the bathroom right by my home office.  Ha! 

We do not have cable at our house because we have Amazon Prime Video, Netflix and Apply TV.  So, that we can still clearly receive the local HD broadcast signals for ABC, NBC and CBS (plus other local signals), this very thin antennae does an amazing job!  Gone are the days of bulky antennas. This one is almost paper thin and super easy to install.

The real MVP of our household, our Eufy robotvac!  I cannot believe how much Eufy picks up.  I think she is the hardest cleaner in our household.  You can also communicate with her by the Eufy app.  Look for her to go on sale!

After Eufy does her job, this steam mop is easy to use and super-cleans the floors!  I am always disgusted by how dirty the steam mop head gets after cleaning.  The good news:  You wash the mop heads in your washing machine.  Hurrah!  I love reusable cleaning stuff.

We've become kind of lazy (or efficient) over here.  Mr. UpCyclist has installed motion sensor lights in our walk-in pantry, storage room and main bedroom walk-in closets.  At first, I was like, "We don't need those."  But, now, I am a true motion sensor light believer for small spaces.

Speaking of lights, our new place has a ton of light switches (that we do not want to be motion sensor-abled).  We use this old-school labeling tool (remember this gadget from the 70s and 80s?) to label which light switch works which light.  This gadget is fun to use, looks totally retro and comes with two tape rolls in red and black. What a bargain!

Not everyone is an Alexa product fan; we are.  We have several of these smart plugs throughout our house.  During Christmas time, we put all of our indoor and outdoor holiday lights on smart plugs and would just tell our Echo to "turn on the outdoor lights" or "turn on the Christmas lights."  Specifically for outdoor use, you need this smart plug as it is weather friendly. 

What's your most appreciated home find?  Message me in Facebook or Instagram to let me know.  Because of the crazy spam this blog has been receiving, I've turned off the commenting feature indefinitely.

With efficiency and joy,

Jen