Animoto: Tech Tuesday

Why have I waited so long to share this fantastic, free web-based tool?  This one is a crowd pleaser with students (and grandparents alike - believe me, you can make personal videos, too).  Who doesn't like a well-paced, photo-laden, music-toting video? 

Case in point, check out the video below I made especially for you.  I chose photos from Animoto's photo library (though, you could upload your own), added a handful of text slides, chose a snappy song (Animoto has many to choose from though you could upload your own favorite) and clicked "done."  Animoto mixed it and did all the rest while I folded laundry - yes, the life of a blogger and mom.....




One of my graduate students who I virtually adore, Anamika, created this Animoto video for her middle school science classes.  Click on the image below to learn about physical changes, Animoto-Anamika-style.



Anyone can join Animoto for free and make 30-second videos.  However, educators can apply for a free educator's license and make unlimited, full-length videos - which is my favorite (and Anamika's) as we like our videos longer.  The educator's license is good for up to 50 people (students and the teacher) and lasts for six months.

BUT, I have a gift for you, ready?  Animoto sent me my educator's license.  If you want to be one of my fifty people, use the following code when you sign-up for Animoto "Plus."  The code is:
a4elara2fb082; be sure to select the "Plus" plan.  All students, educators, parents, grandparents, non-profit types and assorted others are welcome to be part of my fifty.


Remember I said you could make personal videos, too?  This one, last Mother's Day, was a real tear-jerker.  It stars my whole family including little O and P.  I uploaded the photos, added a few text slides, chose the heart-wrenching song and the "winding vines" background - Animoto did all the rest.  My family now thinks I'm a rock star.  My mom said this confirms I'm a rock star.


Go Animoto it up,

Jen