My Go-To Recipe


I never share recipes on this blog....there's always time for a first, right?  Plus, this one rocks.  Trust me.

Years ago, in Colorado, I was at a party and the caterer was making these great, thin crust pizzas.  I was so curious how she was making them without a lot of fuss, so I watched her in the kitchen and asked questions.

What she showed me could not be any easier.  My family has adored these go-to pizzas ever since.  I make tortilla pizzas on the fly all the time when friends stop by because most often, I have all the ingredients on hand.  Want to make your own?

Tortilla Pizzas (15 minutes; includes assembly and bake time)

Ingredients:
  • Wheat tortillas (I like Trader Joe's Whole Wheat Handmade ones)
  • Pizza sauce (I literally use whatever pasta sauce I have on hand)
  • Cheese (shredded)
  • Toppings (go semi light on these and keep away from watery toppings like fresh tomatoes)
Steps:
  1. Preheat over to 400 degrees.  Line a baking tray with parchment.
  2. Lay out a tortilla and cover with pizza sauce (about three tablespoons of sauce as too much moisture will make the crust too soggy).  When you spread the sauce, you will see most of the tortilla right through it - that's how light you need to go on the sauce.
  3. Cover with cheese (like in the photo above) and any toppings.  But, again, the thin tortilla cannot handle an overload of toppings, so keep it tasty and not over-topped.
  4. Bake in the oven for 8-11 minutes until golden and bubbly.
  5. Cut into slices and enjoy!
I also serve these tortilla pizzas as a quick appetizer, as a snack for Lil O's playdates, with friends, and for dinner.  To make them a full meal, I often will serve with a green salad.  As you can tell by reading the recipe, prep time is minimal and sometimes I do interesting flavors like...
  • BBQ sauce, shredded chicken, fontina & mozzarella cheese, and red onions
  • Fig jam, proscuitto, gorgonzola & mozzarella cheese
  • All veggie toppings
  • All meat toppings
I just realized, I did share one other recipe on this blog.  It is one for Jedi here.  Ha!

Buen provecho,

Jen

PS - Did you see yesterday's post?  Come join Sue and I for a coaching workshop on June 7th!