Life Updated: Early June Edition


This May into June has been so good that I actually asked my acupuncturist (who is a good friend of mine) to take some of the bliss away during my last acupuncture treatment.  Yep!  I'm too excited lately. Here's what's going on......
  • Sue!  Sue's here in the States from Canada.  We are sooooo excited to see each other face-to-face.  I think the last time I saw Sue in person was in Canada about six years ago;  She helped teach Lil O how to ski.  One day I'll dig up those old ski videos and share them with you.  They make me smile.
  • June 7th workshop - Are you coming?  Sue and I are over-the-moon about that day.
  • Remember how I told you Jedi is my favorite airport greeter?  See that photo above?  Sue's getting the deluxe, full-face greeting.
  • It is strawberry season in our neck of the woods.  Is there anything more to say than yum?!
  • Lil O and I are on a mission to visit every Smithsonian museum in DC.  Last week, we visited the US Botanical Gardens (hence the adorable pineapple photo above).  Technically, the US Botanical Gardens is not a Smithsonian, but since it is on the mall in Washington and feels like one, we've included it in our list.  It did not disappoint.  I highly recommend it.  Reportedly, around Christmas, the gardens get even lovelier for the holidays.
  • I can't believe I just mentioned Christmas when all I do lately when I walk outside is sweat. Jedi, on every hike these days, goes for a full, all-out swim.  Apparently, the weather in Maryland has caught up with us.  Ugh. #ineedcolorado
  • Color makes me smile (and forget about how sweaty-sticky I am), which is why I needed to make a fabric, rainbow garland for our deck. To make this style garland, I used Ashley Ann's tutorial here.
  • Did you get a chance to listen to the podcast I did with Elise Cripe on creativity (episode #11)?  Chatting with her was too fun.  Plus, I reveal my fall plans.  Woot, woot!
Have a fantastic weekend!  See you on the other side.

Jen