Nurturing Her Spirit

Nurturing Lil O

Over a year ago, I blogged about creating an innovator in Lil O.  You can read the original blog post here.  The more I think about it, the more I want to nurture her spirit.  I want to nurture all the little things - and big - that make her tick, fulfilled, joyful, and aware.

I've been thinking about how I will do that as her mom.  How will I nurture her spirit?  Here's what I need to say no to this summer in order to do so.  No to.....
  • Rushing
  • Quick judgment
  • Shoving too much into one day (like too many errands or too many activities)
  • Too much laptop or phone time
Here's what I need to say yes to this summer.  Yes to....
  • Early morning Jen time
  • Journaling
  • Reading a great book to wind down the day
  • Leaning into the present moment (I will paint one of my nails a different color to remind me)
  • Following Lil O's lead with more yeses than nos.
What will you say yes to this summer?  What will you say no to?  Will you nurture your spirit or those around you?

Curious,
Jen